Thursday, June 12, 2008

The host Chunk Three

Honestly if I were in the situation that Wanderer and Melanie are in I would do exactly what Wanderer is doing. I understand that Melanie is in deep love with Jared and shes so happy to see them alive, but she also promised them she would come back. If she is alive in some way I believe her life is worth saving. But with all the crazy outbursts she has she is making it that much harder for Wanderer. Wanderer has it in her mind that if she talks less then she would cause less trouble. Which makes sense because every time she said something or made a move she ended up getting hit. On the other hand, from the very beginning wouldn't have stayed in Melanie's body if I was having trouble with it. As a soul maybe a reputation is more important but I don't see the use of a reputation if I can't gloat about it. Think about it. There was a very large chance that Melanie would've pushed Wanderer out of her body. If I were a soul that would scare the living crap out of me. Wanderer has some serious issues when it comes to decision making. What actually throws me for a loop is she doesn't know who she wants to help. She is keeping secrets from the humans and she is keeping secrets from her own kind. Its like she's a rogue soul or something. To be frank her indecisive mind is annoying me. Either she helps the aliens or the humans. I'm sure what I want to happen but I know something needs too happen soon. Books don't always have to have a happy ending but they do need to have a good one.

Who is your least favorite character and why?
How do you think the book should end?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

melanie really got on my nerves with that. wanderer was the one that felt the punch not her so it was selfish of her to keep putting wanderer in danger just because this boy she loved was 2 ft away.

as for the reputations. they're important to the souls and if wanderer, after surviving full life terms on 9 planets, suddenly skipped out on a body she very well couldnt gloat about that. i'd rather go down as a hero that tried to tame a savage body than a wimp who chickened out and left the job to someone else.